GOV’T DISBURSES OVER K6 BILLION TO FRA FARMERS

GOV’T DISBURSES OVER K6 BILLION TO FRA FARMERS

Home News Home Affairs

Posted by admin on November 19, 2025 at 6:13 AM

Share: Visits: 374


Minister of Agriculture Reuben Mtolo has so far disbursed more than K6 billion to farmers who supplied maize to the Food Reserve Agency (FRA) under the 2025 Crop Marketing Season.

Delivering a ministerial statement in the National Assembly, Mr. Mtolo said K4.8 billion has been paid directly to farmers, while an additional K1.2 billion has been spent on auxiliary costs.

The Minister expressed gratitude to farmers for their patience and continued role in safeguarding Zambia’s food security.

“The Government remains committed to ensuring that all outstanding payments to farmers are fully settled,” Mr. Mtolo said.

He explained that more than 800,000 farmers nationwide supplied 1.6 million metric tonnes of maize, valued at over K11.3 billion.

Mr. Mtolo further noted that input distribution under the Farmer Input Support Programme (FISP) and other initiatives has continued, ensuring farmers are adequately prepared for the next planting season.

Government is committed to stabilise the agricultural sector, supporting farmers, and reinforcing Zambia’s position as a regional grain supplier.

Related Articles